She’s done! Well, for the tournament at least…
It’s actually coming along really well… the fire-portion of her shield and shoulders looks pretty good, actually (and it’ll look better when I start layering in the yellows!), and she’s not nearly so yellow in person… and once I do the white highlights, I think it’ll look pretty boss!
The march to get my warjacks finished for Saturday continues!
Immediately after finishing the golds (including a second dry-brush with a lighter gold colour), I realized that I’m an idiot and I should’ve done the reds first. Whoops!
So work proceeds with my customized Avatar in my attempts to make her less ugly than the default model…
When last we left our heroine, she looked like this:
Notable modifications include lengthening and rotating the right leg, shortening the left, extending both arms, giving her a slightly more dynamic pose, and replacing that gods-awful sword with another (from Fire of Salvation).
As for the paint…
So, I’ve decided that I need to finally assemble my Avatar of Menoth… it’s a fantastic warjack, and my only complaint against it has been that the model itself is ugly. Thankfully, my friend Darrell has a beautiful modification on the Avatar, which looks fantastic and encouraged me to try and do my own!
This is everything I need to have painted by next Saturday… 2 Choir members, 3 Paladins, a Vassal Mechanik, a Devout, 4 Crusaders (1 basically done), 1 Templar, and the Avatar in pieces in the middle. Continue reading